Whittlebury Campsite at Silverstone
Our long term partner for the Silverstone F1 and MotoGP is Whittlebury Park Campsite which is the best and the closest campsite to the circuit.
We have been camping here since 2010 and we love it! As well as all of the atmosphere and fun that comes along with our own little camping village, we strongly recommend you wander around the entire campsite and enjoy all that has to offer too.
Every year the Silverstone Inter-Agency Campsite Sub-Group, which comprises the environmental departments of the local county councils, the police and fire brigade, check all the Silverstone campsites that have submitted themselves for inspection and award ratings relating to the range and quality of their facilities.
In their very latest 2016 ratings, the campsite we use (Whittlebury) has again been awarded the highest possible rating of “Platinum”.
“The ‘Platinum’ rating is reserved for those campsites that not only meet all our health, safety and welfare standards, but also go above and beyond the minimum requirements to ensure that their customers have the best possible campsite experience.”
Check out all the latest campsite ratings to see what rating the other campsites you are considering have received. If a campsite has not submitted itself for inspection (the scheme started in 2012) why have they not done so?
- Could not be closer to the circuit with easy access via North Gates 5 and 6 (Copse Corner) and Gate 8 (near Maggots)
- Free Wifi across the site
- Permanent (actual brick buildings) shower and toilet blocks which are cleaned daily
- A Beer Tent with live bands in the evenings
- Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant
- Washing Up Area
- Hot Showers. Here are the F1 facilities*. MotoGP photos will follow when revamp work is complete
- The Atrium Bar & Restaurant
- The Fox & Hounds pub in the Village of Whittlebury just outside of the golf course (5 min walk)
- Hairdryers & Sockets (ladies and gents)
- Various venues with live entertainment including Q&A sessions previously with the likes of Crofty and DC. This year’s line-up TBC.
- F1 fan Village sponsored by Yas Marina
- Less than a kilometre’s walk to the race track
- Some of the drivers/riders and teams (usually Ferrari and Redbull) even stay at the hotel on site so it’s a great opportunity to get autographs and pictures of your favourite racers!
*unless very adverse weather conditions
Whether it’s camping on the 15th hole (did we mention that it is also a golf course?) with a view of a grandstand over the lake or up at the top of the site by the hotel, we are fortunate to be setting up camp here and know that you’ll have as much fun as we do.
This was our first Formula 1 experience, and inTentsGP have set the bar high. We had such a great time, made so by the staff and serene campsite setting. So much so, that we have decided to make this a yearly event.
We left, feet hurting, ears aching, sun burning, trouser popping, slightly tipsy, but very, very happy campers. What an amazing experience, made so by yourselves at inTentsGP. Please give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back for a great product.
This was my first tent experience in 35 years and I was a bit worried how everything would work out. Therefore I was very happy and impressed to see how you managed to provide different services and solutions such as breakfasts, coffee, mobile charging station, dinners and the Intents private toilet/washing wagon (very much appreciated).
The fact that the tent was really fully equipped with pillows, chairs table etc was important to us considering we first had to fly to England and therefore couldn't carry too much with us.
The only thing I might have missed was a small shop for basic things like water, bread, snacks beer etc. At least we did not find any. I realise this can't be arranged just for Intents guests but it could be a common service for the whole campsite.
I hope to be able to revisit this event again in the future.