Whittlebury Campsite at Silverstone
Our long term partner for the Silverstone F1, MotoGP and Classic Festival is Whittlebury Park Campsite which is the best and the closest campsite to the circuit.
We have been camping here since 2010 and we love it! As well as all of the atmosphere and fun that comes along with our own little camping village, we strongly recommend you wander around the entire campsite and enjoy all that has to offer too.
Every year the Silverstone Inter-Agency Campsite Sub-Group, which comprises the environmental departments of the local county councils, the police and fire brigade, check all the Silverstone campsites that have submitted themselves for inspection and award ratings relating to the range and quality of their facilities.
In their very latest 2022 ratings, the campsite we use (Whittlebury) has again been awarded the highest possible rating of “Platinum”.
“The ‘Platinum’ rating is reserved for those campsites that not only meet all our health, safety and welfare standards, but also go above and beyond the minimum requirements to ensure that their customers have the best possible campsite experience.”
- Could not be closer to the circuit with easy access via North Gates 5 and 6 (Copse Corner) and Gate 8 (near Maggots)
- Free Wifi across the site
- Permanent (actual brick buildings) shower and toilet blocks which are cleaned daily
- A Beer Tent with live bands in the evenings
- Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant
- Washing Up Area
- Hot Showers. Here are the F1 facilities. Here are the MotoGP and Classic Festival facilities
- The Atrium Bar & Restaurant
- The Fox & Hounds pub in the Village of Whittlebury just outside of the golf course (5 min walk)
- Hairdryers & Sockets (ladies and gents)
- Various venues with live entertainment including Q&A sessions previously with the likes of Crofty and DC. This year’s line-up TBC.
- Less than a kilometre’s walk to the race track
- Some of the drivers/riders and teams (usually Ferrari and Williams) even stay at the hotel on site so it’s a great opportunity to get autographs and pictures of your favourite racers!
*unless very adverse weather conditions
Whether it’s camping on the 15th hole (did we mention that it is also a golf course?) with a view of a grandstand over the lake or up at the top of the site by the hotel, we are fortunate to be setting up camp here and know that you’ll have as much fun as we do.
The staff was phenomenally helpful and always friendly no matter the time of day or night, or amount of people asking questions.
Requests were answered right away (when possible) and replacements turned up in a timely fashion.
Would 100% book with In-Tents again, what a brilliant set up at a brilliant site, cannot fault a thing, from checking in on Thursday to checking out on Monday….the time and effort the staff put in to look after their guests and to make sure the guests have the best experience is just fantastic.
The site location is the best with just a 10 minute walk you (...)