Whittlebury Campsite at Silverstone
Our long term partner for the Silverstone F1, MotoGP, Classic and WEC is Whittlebury Park Campsite which is the best and the closest campsite to the circuit.
We have been camping here since 2010 and we love it! As well as all of the atmosphere and fun that comes along with our own little camping village, we strongly recommend you wander around the entire campsite and enjoy all that has to offer too.
Every year the Silverstone Inter-Agency Campsite Sub-Group, which comprises the environmental departments of the local county councils, the police and fire brigade, check all the Silverstone campsites that have submitted themselves for inspection and award ratings relating to the range and quality of their facilities.
In their very latest 2018 ratings, the campsite we use (Whittlebury) has again been awarded the highest possible rating of “Platinum”.
“The ‘Platinum’ rating is reserved for those campsites that not only meet all our health, safety and welfare standards, but also go above and beyond the minimum requirements to ensure that their customers have the best possible campsite experience.”
Check out all the latest campsite ratings to see what rating the other campsites you are considering have received. If a campsite has not submitted itself for inspection (the scheme started in 2012) why have they not done so?
- Could not be closer to the circuit with easy access via North Gates 5 and 6 (Copse Corner) and Gate 8 (near Maggots)
- Free Wifi across the site
- Permanent (actual brick buildings) shower and toilet blocks which are cleaned daily
- A Beer Tent with live bands in the evenings
- Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant
- Washing Up Area
- Hot Showers. Here are the F1 facilities. Here are the MotoGP, Classic and WEC facilities
- The Atrium Bar & Restaurant
- The Fox & Hounds pub in the Village of Whittlebury just outside of the golf course (5 min walk)
- Hairdryers & Sockets (ladies and gents)
- Various venues with live entertainment including Q&A sessions previously with the likes of Crofty and DC. This year’s line-up TBC.
- F1 Fan Village sponsored by Yas Marina
- Less than a kilometre’s walk to the race track
- Some of the drivers/riders and teams (usually Ferrari and Redbull) even stay at the hotel on site so it’s a great opportunity to get autographs and pictures of your favourite racers!
*unless very adverse weather conditions
Whether it’s camping on the 15th hole (did we mention that it is also a golf course?) with a view of a grandstand over the lake or up at the top of the site by the hotel, we are fortunate to be setting up camp here and know that you’ll have as much fun as we do.
As I was a first time camper for the British gp I arrived at the campsite with slight trepidation as to what lay in wait for me for the three days ahead, upon arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff and a welcome beer.
I was shown to my tent (a very nice tent , clean and tidy) and informed of breakfast and evening meal serving times and the location of the toilets, showers , food marquees and the pub.
The food was very nice and not at all what I expected (good wholesome food - paella/spaghetti bolognese/curry etc).
The staff were always to hand with help and assistance and the whole site is no more than a five minute walk to gate 9 (becketts).
All in all the site sitting in the plush surroundings of the golf course and the hotel'esque service from the staff made for a thoroughly enjoyable 3 days - I highly recommend it and I am already getting next year booked.
Thank you to the intents gp team, 5 stars all round
Just had a very enjoyable, comfortable holiday in a glamping tent at the IoM TT. The facilities provided were excellent and the friendly and attentive staff led by Anthony deserve top marks. Nothing was too much trouble and the mobile charger units on site were a welcome bonus.
Cannot praise this company highly enough. If you want a glamping experience at a racing event then this is the company to use. Well done Team Intents GP. Hope to see you again next year. Alan Whitham.